June 21, 2000
- Wagon Wheel Seed Corporation will be hosting our
annual plot tour on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 starting at 1 p.m. sharp at the farm
located 3 miles south of Churchbridge on the #80 highway.
We will be looking at the existing and new varieties of wheat, oats,
feed and malt barley, flax, pea, soybean, sunflower, corn, silage
mixtures, canola from Limagrain and Secan.
We will also be looking at seed treatments from Novartis, Gustafson, Advantis for cereals and
canola including new long term flea beetle control.
Also we have a garden and lily farm tour for the spouses.
It all ends with a barbecue at 6 p.m. at the yard.
March 18, 2000
- The CWB will be offerring variety-specific contracts to conduct
extensive market testing and evaluation in both domestic and export
- AC Vista - Canada Prairie Spring White
- AC Crystal - Canada Prairie Spring Red
- AC Morse - Canada Amber Durum
Farmers who use pedigreed seed are eligible to sign up in advance for
these programs. The CWB will guarantee 100 percent acceptance of
eligible grades and will also pay on-farm storage until delivery.
This year the CWB is paying a $2.50/tonne premium payable at the time of
the storage payment in addition to all other board payments.
Application forms will be available soon at our office.
March 6, 2000
- We have Identity Preserved purchase agreements available to customers who purchase Certified AC Metcalfe, Manley, Robust, and Tankard (or Bonanza). A premium is paid and is picked up in the yard by Dominion Malt.
- Scoular Canada has a contract available for production of CDC Dolly barley
from Certified seed with a premium paid on production that meets specifications.
- Corn is selling out quickly. Book it soon if you are interested in growing some.
February 8, 2000
- We are now able to offer Visa, Mastercard, and AgLine payments. This enables you to collect air miles while buying seed.
- We can also offer up to 120 days deferred payment with an AgLine preferred account. Contact us to get an application out to you.
- Contact us in regards to growing annual and perennial grass seed for Certified production.
December 28, 1999
- In the new year, we will be able to offer crop contracts for 2 row and 6 row malt barley through a Western Canadian malt company.